Serving you is at the heart of what we do, listening for what you want, providing what’s needed in a warm, caring way.
Health and Wellness
At Manorhouse, wellness comes through developing an individual care plan. This process encourages you to take an active role in communicating your wishes and decision making. We honor individual decisions, providing needed assistance, ever mindful of preserving resident dignity and freedom of choice.
You may also involve any key healthcare professionals in this process. Our professionally trained team implements your care plan and is available for you 24 hours a day. We’ll follow your plan in a formal way through the checks and balances of our Check√Point™ program.
Leadership also utilizes the following operational tools for resident wellness:
(1) Partnerships and relationships with select healthcare providers to offer on-site services, including a physician serving as medical director. (2) A wide range of services offered in our communities including home health, rehabilitation therapy, pharmacy services, podiatrists, psychiatrists, and independent nurses. (3) Relationships with third party health care providers such as hospitals, emergency services and rehab facilities to assist in providing care as needed.
Dining in today’s assisted living is about more than just satisfying your nutritional needs. It’s about providing options and choices and creating an enjoyable dining experience. Chef-planned menus include three delicious meals each day including entrée and dessert options, as well as snacks available throughout the day. Menus and special nutritional needs are reviewed by a registered dietician.
Resident Programs and Services
Our resident programs are designed to provide a wide range of opportunities, reflecting the diverse interests of our residents. Each day can be an enriching and engaging experience.
We encourage our residents to enhance their current skills, cultivate new interests and be a life-long learner. Whether it’s a small group study, a newcomer tea, a guest speaker or a special celebration, there will always be regular as well as new activities from which to choose. Residents may enjoy outings such as day trips or shopping excursions. Transportation for these and other resident purposes, including doctor appointments, is provided.
Engagement Through Technology
Residents have varying degrees of technology experience. We try to maintain simplicity, while still taking advantage of modern advancements.
At Manorhouse, providing a safe and secure environment for residents, their families, as well as our employees, is of utmost importance. We have many systems and design features that help accomplish this in each community.
First and foremost, each Manorhouse resident is valued, respected and protected. The systems we’ve incorporated into our communities include:
- Controlled access into the community
- Emergency nurse call systems in every bedroom and, bathroom
- Fire-resistant construction, a fully sprinkled building, and smoke and fire detection systems
- Closed circuit building monitoring
- Emergency action and evacuation plans
- Ongoing staff safety and disaster response training
Receiving the right medications in the correct dose and at the prescribed time is essential to maintaining good health and quality of life.
Highlights of our medication management system include many quality assurance and customer service measures, including:
- Comprehensive staff training conducted and supervised by pharmacists
- Detailed record keeping to track and implement prescription changes
- Specialized medication delivery packaging system to minimize mistakes
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) review process to ensure accuracy
- Pharmacy systems to identify potential errors related to incompatible drugs and over medication
- Resident and family pharmacy consultations
Our respite care program is flexible, designed to accommodate many situations. This short-term assisted living or memory care program offers short-term stays, often providing a break for in-home caregivers. Respite stays may also offer post-surgery transitional care. A respite stay may also be a gentle way to introduce our community to a family member who’s reluctant to consider a permanent move.
Manorhouse communities are full-service assisted living retirement communities, with the following standard amenities are included in each resident’s monthly fee:
The following services are available at an extra charge: