Manorhouse Assisted Living
Medication Management Services
Receiving the right medications in the right dose and at the right time can be essential to maintaining good health and quality of life. Yet, some seniors settle for retirement communities that simply claim to "administer" medications. What does that mean, exactly? Unfortunately, it means different things to different people. You need to know, specifically, what this means before you select a retirement or assisted living community.
At Manorhouse, we are very clear about how we manage our resident medication system. Working closely with an independent pharmacy, Manorhouse has developed a comprehensive system, as part of our Program™ Program, to ensure that residents receive:
- the right medication,
- in the right dose,
- at the right time.
Highlights of our medication management system include many quality assurance and customer service measures that you will probably not find elsewhere. These include:
- comprehensive staff training conducted and supervised by pharmacists;
- detailed record keeping to track and implement prescription changes;
- medication delivery packaging system to minimize mistakes;
- four-tiered medication administration record review process to ensure accuracy;
- pharmacy systems to identify potential physician errors related to incompatible drugs and over medication;
- pharmacy consultations available to residents and their families.